Thinking About Sod?
Oftentimes, a dry, patchy lawn can ruin the curb appeal of a home. A green lawn can add that sense of life back into your landscape. Studies have shown a good, sodded lawn can increase the market value of your home by 5 to 10 percent! That is why Hoerr Nursery carries high quality, healthy sod. We want your Peoria home to look its best all year round.
Advantages of Sod over Seed
Many of our Peoria area clients ask us why sod can be better than seeding. Here are some of the key reasons we might suggest using sod to seed:
- Unlike seed, sod is easier to establish, requiring less watering time.
- Unlike seed, sod provides a useable lawn in about a month’s time.
- Unlike seed, sod grows in areas that seed cannot take hold, such as a slope.
- Unlike seed, sod can be installed the entire growing season—from early spring until the ground freezes in December.
- Sod grows regardless of weather conditions.
- Sod requires no special tools or expertise to install.
Legacy of Premium Sod
For more than 80 years, Hoerr Nursery has been known for our lush, healthy Hardy Turf ® sod. We love our bluegrass sod, and we know you will love it too. We start, by selecting the best bluegrass varieties. Every blade of grass is treated with the utmost care and attention so that you have a living carpet of green immediately after laying your grass.
Tips on Lawn Care
Are you worried your sod will turn brown after it has been installed? At Hoerr Nursery, we equip you with the knowledge of how to care for your lawn before, during and after the installation of our sod. Learn all of our tips by clicking on our Instant Lawn Guide!
Reserve Your Premium Sod Today!
If you would like to give your wilted lawn a makeover, please call Hoerr Nursery today at 309-689-2513 or contact us online! Sod is cut daily, weather permitting. We recommend you call ahead to reserve your sod for the day you want it.